Monday, April 21, 2014

The Salt Lake Comic Con: Day 1 Part 1

I decided to try something that I had never done before and it looked fun.  I made sure that I got to do as much as I could, so I got   the VIP Pass. It came with a goody bag and it was a t-shirt, poster, the VIP Pass, and wrist band.


Logan had to show me some yoga. I should have done some of these before my 3 day event.


17 May 2014- The first day wasn't to bad.  It was the opening day for the Comic Con and I made sure I got there early enough to get a good spot in line.

                                 

I think I found a good spot




In case you are confused, people dress up as a character from their favorite comics, TV show, movie, book, cartoon, game, and so on.



 Now this was one of my favorites. they had so many Lego sets that I had to go around the display 3 times to see if I can spot all of the sets that were built. I don't think I spotted everything.




 The Helicarrier's propellers actually moved and even had Iron Man pushing on them










 I made sure to get a picture on how the mountains and hills are built up


Here is the other side







The trains even moved







Here are some booths that were set up that had some cool stuff. Some you could get your picture with them for free and others you had to pay for.









These guys put together, painted every little detail, and added lights to theses models.



I know you all have been waiting for this. These girls are professional Cos play models. Cos play is dressing up in costume like how I described at the beginning. And yes, they are HOT. There will be more.




Here is the Tardis from Doctor Who


Here is a 3D printer. They were awesome. It was cool to see them in action and see what thy could do.


Here are a few things that they can make. If you can make a 3D model on the computer, the 3D printer can make it. Even moving parts. It can use all types of plastics and in many colors. Another type of plastic is used as spacers for gaps. when the product is finished you dip it in a solution that dissolves the plastic spacers.









No comments: